"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." - Ernest Hemingway

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hello from Jodi

"We are too young to know that certain things are impossible...so we will do them anyway."
William Wilberforce

First of all I want to say thank you to Angelina Zoe for inviting me to be part of this blog! Although I have written and self-published four books, this is my first blog post!

I put  the quote by William Wilberforce in because it has inspired me throughout my adventures in creative writing. One of the most important things I have learned in my journey so far is that you don't need to have a big publishing deal to get your work out there. It doesn't have to be horrendously expensive. I started out printing my books at home and getting them bound at Staples. At the moment, I use an online self-publishing company called Lulu.com. The actual publishing part is free, but you have to order and pay for the actual books. They do charge an outrageous amount for shipping. Still, it's a much simpler process than going through a publisher.
Don't be afraid to share your great ideas with the world! Always remember that the most awful rough draft that you've actually typed is a hundred times better than that perfect story idea in your head. It will become even better with love, time, and work. Try to enjoy the journey of writing a book as much as the destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment