"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." - Ernest Hemingway

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Concerning Jodi

Although my books are all published under my real name, I chose to blog under the name of one of my characters, Jodi Fairforest, partly for safety and partly because we have a lot in common.

Jodi is the co-star of my newest book, The Gallant. Like me, she is a writer, but a much more successful one. She lives in the semi-fictional* town of Avalon Beach, Florida, the famous "Home of Real Superheroes." Her life, if not exactly ordinary, is pleasant and mildly exciting until she uses the town's slogan as inspiration for her (fictionally) bestselling novel, The Gallant. Everything changes one morning when a man who looks exactly like her main character, the dashing Sir Errol the Gallant, shows up at her apartment. It turns out that there are real superheroes in Avalon, almost exactly as she has described them in her book. Unfortunately, there is also a very real supervillain with dark plans for Avalon Beach. The most wonderful thing that ever happened to Jodi might also be the death of her...

*I took a great deal of creative license in describing Avalon in my book because I honestly didn't know it existed. In the book it is a combination of quaint beach town and thriving metropolis. In reality, it is just a quaint beach town.

You can find out more about Jodi Fairforest here:

 http://www.lulu.com/shop/olivia-taylor/the-gallant-2nd-edition/paperback/product-21751674.htmlThe Gallant--2nd Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment