"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." - Ernest Hemingway

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Music!

Hello everyone, my name is Corinne Starr, I'm sixteen and the second oldest of ten kids.

I don't know about you guys but for me, music is a huge part of my writing. It makes my imagination run wild with new ideas, story plots, plot twists, characters, scenes, etc. If I haven't made it clear enough already, I love music (and not just because it blocks out the noise of all the chaos and craziness going on around me ;) I honestly have no idea what I'd do without it.
So, I thought that I would compile some lists of music that inspires me the most when writing. Almost all of these songs I pulled from my Spotify playlists so you can search for them there or on YouTube too. (Spotify, by the way, is the greatest music app ever invented. If you haven't heard of it, I highly suggest you check it out.)
Anyway, here are my lists, which I hope spark your imagination and boost your motivation.

HEROES/HEROINES:

1. Unstoppable - E.S. Posthumus
2. Epic Game of Thrones - Pisces Rising (no, I don't watch this TV show, I just really like the score)
3. Adagio in D Minor (Orchestra Mix) - John Murphy
4. The Tribute/Agnus Dei - Michael W. Smith (if you want, skip to 3:05 for the best part)
5. Return of the Heroes - Patryk Scelina
6. We Will Not Lose - Mayrain, EpicMusicVn
7. Heroes - Michael W. Smith
8. Facing His Destiny - 8Dawn
9. Surrender to Hope - Immediate
10. I Like to Win - Shonlock
11. Top Gun - Sound Adventures
12. Aura - StoneOcean
13. Arise - E.S. Posthumus
14. A Useful Striker - Murray Gold & BBC National Orchestra
15. Isles of Wonder - London Symphony Orchestra


HAPPY:

1. More Love - StoneOcean
2. Celebration - StoneOcean
3. Medieval Anthem - Peter Crowley
4. Night of My Life - Group 1 Crew
5. Oraanu Pi - E.S. Posthumus
6. Code Lyoko 'A World Without Danger' - Walt Ribeiro
7. Awaken - StoneOcean
8. Hard Headed Woman - Elvis Presley
9. Smack Attack - Audiomachine
10. River's Dance - Firefly OST
11. The Bathtub - Beasts of the Southern Wild(soundtrack)
12. Finale (William Tell Overture) - Hans Zimmer
13. Spirit of Moravia - Two Steps from Hell
14. The Kiss - Trevor Jones


SAD:

1. Remember Me - Ivan Torrent (ft. Roger Berruezo)  
2. Love Lost - Mattia Lupelli
3. D*** Few - Nathan Furst
4. Cows on a Hill - Jay Ungar
5. Legends Never Die - Ferras, Katy Perry
6. Eulogy for a Friend - Harry Gregson-Williams
7. Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift
8. Porcelain - Helen Jane Long
9. The Last Paradise - Yiruma
10. Only the Winds - Olafur Arnalds
11. Home - Clinton Shorter
12. Patriot - Michael W. Smith
13. See You on the Other Side - Harry Gregson-Williams
14. Children from the War - Two Steps from Hell
15. A Song for Sienna - Brian Crain


DEFEATED/BROKEN:

1. Rain and Pain - Christian Reindl
2. Because of You - Kelly Clarkson
3. Lost on You - LP
4. Rosebud - Marco Beltrami
5. Torn - Nathan Lanier
6. Resistance - Muse
7. Runnin' - Adam Lambert
8. On Trees and Birds and Fire - I am Oak
9. Tessa - Steve Jablonsky
10. Nuvole Blanche - Ludovico Einaudi
11. Land of Shadows - Audiomachine
12. An Old Friend - Henry Jackman
13. Hunted - Steve Jablonsky
14. Fix You - Coldplay
15. My Blood - Ellie Goulding


FIGHT SCENES/CHASE:

1. Run Boy Run - Woodkid
2. Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy
3. Dope Nose - Weezer
4. Fever - Wisin & Yandel
5. Hong Kong Chase - Steve Joblonsky
6. If it Ain't Dutch - Armin Van Buuren, W&W
7. Must Be Love - Christina Grimmie
8. Run - Pryda
9. Surpass - PostHaste Music
10. Xscape - Audiomachine
11. Kalki - E.S. Posthumus
12. One Minute Over - Zack Hemsey
13. Sinister Threat - Danny Cocke
14. This is Our Legacy - Zack Hemsey
15. Tribal Battles - West One Music


VILLAINOUS:

1. Glory and Gore - Lorde
2. Blood Red Roses - C21Fx
3. Silent Runner - Alexis Troy
4. Ushas - E.S. Posthumus
5. Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Lorde
6. Power Changes Everything - Harry Gregson-Williams
7. Skyfall - Adele
8. Why So Serious? - Hans Zimmer
9. Santa's Nightmare - StoneOcean (ignore the bells and the 'ho, ho, ho')
10. A Thousand Details - Trent Reznor
11. Main Title (Terminator 2 theme) - Brad Fiedel
12. Tech War - Dark Electronic Music
13. Informing the Target - Zack Hemsey
14. Shredder - ReallySlowMotion Music
15. Outlaw - Peter Roe


COUPLES:

1. If I Had You - Adam Lambert
2. Hanging On - Ellie Goulding
3. Compass - Jonathan Thulin, Manwell Reyes
4. ABC - Alexander Fairchild
5. Hypnotize Me - Taylor Berrett
6. Stand By You - Rachael Platten
7. Oh My Love - The Score
8. Surrender(acoustic) - Cash Cash
9. Hero - Enrique Iglesias
10. I Love You - Alex & Sierra
11. Such a Night - Elvis Presley
12. Magic of Love - Celtic Music
13. Romantic Flight - John Powell
14. More Than Friends - Two Steps from Hell
15. Take My Hand - Emily Hackett, Will Anderson


VICTORIOUS:

1. Stand Up - The Prodigy
2. If Elephants Could Fly - Marcus Warner
3. Road to Victory - Veigar Margeirsson
4. Go Time - Network Music Ensemble
5. Pulsaris Prime - Gothic Storm
6. Demacia Rising - League of Legends
7. Hope of Men - Blytheway-May
8. Vishnu - E.S. Posthumus
9. Rise (epic music) - John Dreamer
10. Let Them Up - Tom Holkenborg (dang...what a name...)
11. Glory Battle - Michael W. Smith
12. Autobots Reunite - Steve Jablonsky
13. Breaking Through - Audiomachine
14. Victory Lap - Audiomachine
15. The New Earth - Audiomachine


RANDOM (AKA: no category but still freakin' epic)

1. Myotis - Hans Zimmer
2. Molossus - Hans Zimmer
3. Tai Lung Escapes - Hans Zimmer, John Powell
4. Arabian Nights - StoneOcean
5. Who We Are- Imagine Dragons
6. Time is Running Out - Muse
7. Echo Sensation - DJ Airecho
8. Awakening - Michael Allen Harrison
9. Assassin's Creed Rogue Main Theme - Elitsa Alexandrova
10. Whitaker's Wonder - Michael W. Smith
11. The Wild West - Wild Western Music
12. Rising Force - R. Armando Morabito
13. Lockdown - Steve Jablonsky
14. Pirates - Sound Adventures
15. Turning Point - Audiomachine


There it is. Hope you enjoy! :)

-Corinne




2 comments:

  1. Great lists of songs! I'm also sixteen :) I haven't heard most of these though I did recognize quite a few. I think I'll have a lot to listen to in the near future. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the list Corinne!!! I'll totally have to listen go these.

    ReplyDelete