"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." - Ernest Hemingway

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hello!

Hi guys! I'm so excited to start blogging on here (this is my first blog post ever!) :D

First off, I want to say thank you to Angie to inviting me. You're awesome. <3 :)

Also, the name I'm blogging under is my pen name- I'll also use it if (hopefully when) I get published.

I figured I'd tell you a little bit about my books in this post. Feel free to ask any questions :)

The book that's in my bio thingy on here is titled 'Worlds Away'. The way it got that title is SO cheesy, I'm embarrassed *~* But anywho.. It's the only novel I've finished ('finished', since I've only finished the first draft), and I /still/ don't have a synopsis for it. Basically, I describe it as Alice in Wonderland meets Lord of the Rings. I started writing it when I was 12, so it's not the best and I don't think I'll ever get it published. 

I have roughly three WIPs (work-in-progresses) right now. One of which I haven't even started writing yet. XD One of them is the first in a trilogy, all of which are collectively called the Time Trilogy. This particular book is tentatively titled Adrift in Time. I don't really have a way of explaining it. Think Doctor Who-Star Trek-ish. 

Another one of them- I'm farther along with. It's (tentatively?) titled Five Hundred Lives. Here's the synopsis:

Aria Treader used to be an assassin for the twisted dystopian government. Since then, she's changed her ways and become part of END, an organization to help 'troubled' people and rebel against the government. It was all going pretty decent until her close friend betrays her. As her friend starts making the government stronger, END starts to crumble... Aria is forced to forget her past and face the future... Which is hard to do if you're being hunted. 

That's all about that one. 

My last one- this is the one I haven't even started writing yet. *blush* All I have so far is a couple images in my mind from Pinterest and the words 'manufactured humans'. XD But after I get some characters, I would like to start writing it relatively soon. 

Thanks for reading! 

~E.C. 

2 comments: